Doesn’t it seem like every business and nonprofit has created a Facebook page? In theory, these pages are supposed to connect with customers, advocates and potential customers. But, it takes a lot of work and strategy to create a vibrant Facebook community, one that moves toward your business and communication goals. This social network may seem like the “wild west” of marketing sometimes. Facebook success is a bit art … a bit science. Here are some proven best practices to help your organization achieve Facebook success.
- Does Your Facebook Page Have a Pulse? — From Jay Baer: “Your Facebook fan page needs to be a thriving, growing, active center of engagement between your company and its best customers. Too often today, fan pages are lifeless Yellow Pages ads, with a couple of photos and a stale wall that’s updated twice monthly.What does that say to the brand advocates that have taken the time to check in with you on Facebook?”
- The 8 Success Criteria for Facebook Page Marketing — Todd Defren shares a research report from the Altimeter Group investigating best practices in Facebook marketing. It’s a must read.
- 9 Ways to Enhance your Facebook Fan Page — From Social Media Examiner: “To create an important hub to reach out to millions of potential supporters, you need to up your game and optimize your fan page to meet its ultimate purpose.”
- Facebook Advertising: 10 Laws Every Marketing Must Know — From AllFacebook: “Not all of the laws are strategies that should be implemented. Instead these are laws that define how Facebook advertisements function and general perspectives that you should keep in mind when creating your advertisements.”
- 7 Scientific Ways to Promote Sharing on Facebook — From Brian Solis: “There are times where the content we introduce into the activity feeds of those in our social graph is intended to inspire sharing across the graphs of friends and friends of friends. Consider the science and then craft the update to employ it to your benefit – and hopefully the benefit of others.”
- Facebook Launches New Analytics Data for “Like” Feature — From Mashable: “The aggregate data covered in the new dashboard essentially highlights Facebook users’ sharing behavior related to both content on and off the site with better data, graphs and charts.”
- Using Facebook to Keep the Conversation Going — MailChimp conducted an email marketing experiment, with the goal of getting recipients to continue the conversation on Facebook. And, it was very successful. Read this post to see exactly what they did.
- 26 Facebook Fan Page Tips for Businesses — Pretty self-explanatory headline. It’s what author Jimmy Gilmore calls the Facebook fan page cheat sheet.
- 13 Ways to Move Facebook Fans to Action — From Social Media Examiner: “Perhaps you have a Facebook Fan Page and even some fans. But now what? How can you encourage your fans to act and interact?”
- NEW! Facebook Live Streaming Video App — From Mari Smith: “This app is a gamechanger! Live video streaming meets Facebook. and the best part? It’s FREE!”
Photo credit: djwaldow
Like what you’re reading? Consider subscribing to prTini by clicking here.