Yesterday, I spoke about crisis communication and how social media is changing the way companies deal with these challenging situations. In addition to drawing on my own experience — including a career that started in politics (where everything is a crisis!) … as well as a murder investigation — I discovered a variety of valuable resources that I wanted to share with you. So, here is my presentation, as well as 10 crisis-communication articles that I hope you’ll find helpful!
10 Crisis Communication Resources
- New Public Relations: Beating Bad Press with Google AdWords
- Social Media for Crisis Management
- Case study: The Ranger Station Fire & Ford
- 10 Basic Steps to an Easy AND Effective Crisis Plan
- Entrepreneurs “Tweet” Through Crisis
- How to Handle “HateYourCompany.com”
- Thinking about a B2B Social Media Crisis Communication Plan
- 5 Steps to Develop a Crisis Communication Plan
- Are you ready for a real-time PR and marketing crisis?
- Happy customers tell 3 friends, unhappy customers tell Google